Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Dutch Oven Recipe: Orange Chocolate Pudding Cake

This is the original attempt at making an orange chocolate cobbler type dessert in the dutch oven. As you can see from the picture, it made a kind of sauce like in a pudding cake.  It wasn't what I'd planned to do, but the kids liked it so much they want me to make it again now that we're home from camping.

Orange Chocolate Pudding Cake

2 cans mandarine oranges, drain most of liquid from one can
1 pkg chocolate cake mix
2-3 cups orange soda (I used 2 Chubbys which are 1 cup each, I think but I think it could have used a bit more.  There were a few dry spots.)

Pour the oranges into the bottom of a greased 10" dutch oven (we used a 12 inch, but it was way too big for the amount.  If we hadn't been using the 10" for something else, I'd have use it for the dessert) Sprinkle the cake mix on top and pour the soda over top.

Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the cake part is done.  It'll be bubbly and browned on top.



I still plan to come up with a way to get it to be more like the cobbler I made, but for now, the kids liked this version, so I'll make it again.  It was easy..and with nothing requiring refrigeration, it's a good recipe for camping.

No comments:

Post a Comment