Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

So Much For Skiing!


As luck would have it, now that we've gone and bought the whole family the necessary gear for X-country skiing, as well as snowboarding...there's no snow.  According to the weather forecast for my area, we won't be getting any for a few days at least. 

I don't think I've ever seen a January like this.  We usually get a bit of warm weather around mid month, usually lots of rain, then it goes back to super cold and wintery.  I guess we didn't have a whole lot of snow to begin with this winter.

I wonder how a lot of tourist businesses are doing.  I know last weekend, Haliburton was hosting the Pond Hockey Tournament (or something like that) and I honestly don't know if the lakes would have been safe for it.  Snowmobiling is going to be limited with so little snow on the trails, and I think I heard Sir Sam's Ski Hill closed until we get more snow.  All in all, not a good year for towns in the area relying on winter sport fanatics to boost their economy. 

So, today, I'm thinking of dragging Chris out for a hike.  The sun is out, there's probably ice on any trail we might go to, and it would be a great time for me to fall on my butt so he can laugh at me.  Sounds like a great way to spend a semi-wintery morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment