Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sort of jealous...

My parents bought a pop-up trailer last week and are taking it on a maiden-for-them voyage as we speak.  The kids and I really wanted to go too but they went on Sunday night, and won't be back until today so the kids would miss 2 days of school.  While I normally wouldn't have a problem with this, pulling them from classes for camping on the second week?  Probably not a good idea.

This morning, with the temperature having dropped a fair bit, I asked the kids how they thought Papa and Lala were doing.  They were hopeful that there would be less annoying people around since it's after summer.  They also wondered what they'd be doing to occupy themselves without us there.

Camping without the kids can be hard to get used to when you are used to having them there.  There's no one to keep entertained, you can nap when you want, eat whenever you feel like it, and if all you do is hang out around the campsite and read, well that's your choice. Also, you can try recipes for meals the kids are likely to turn their noses up at, or go on hikes that would have them complaining about being tired. Like I said, I'm kind of jealous.  We tried a few times to get out for a romantic trip for just Chris and I, but having a sick dog kind of put a stop to those plans.  Next year for sure though.

No comments:

Post a Comment